Oatcrumb Mixture

Breadcrumbs used to be a pantry stable in my house, but I knew there had to be a healthier, cleaner alternative.  As an Italian, I used breadcrumbs in a ton of my dishes:  meatballs, baked chicken, breaded vegetables, hamburgers, meatloaf.  So Mike and I did some experimenting and after a few trials and errors, I think  I found a tastier alternative!  Check it out!

The Ingredients!
1 cup quick oats-grind in blender
1 TBL wheat germ
1 TBL chia seed
1 TBL flax seed 
2 TBL Parmesan Cheese
Spices to taste:  pepper, natural sea salt, basil, parsley and garlic.  Fresh is best, but powder works too!


Zucchini and Oatcrumbs!  Sooo Good!
Mike and I usually make a large batch of this and place it in the fridge until we are ready to use it.  I think it's a more flavorful, nutrient dense recipe than the breadcrumbs sold in stores.  It's clean, fresh and really easy to add to your favorite recipes! 

Labels: , ,